Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Patient Story on UAB's Website

In Fall 2010, I took a class on Marketing for Heath Care Management. We had to interview someone who worked in health care marketing.  I decided that my brain tumor and all of those trips to Birmingham should be good for something so I set up an interview with the head of marketing for the cancer services division at UAB. Everyone was helpful and spent a lot of time answering all of my questions and I got a great grade on my paper. 

I got a call a couple of weeks later asking if they could interview me for a "patient story."  I was interviewed for this back in the fall and just found out that it was actually up on UAB's website today. It is about UAB's Comprehensive Cancer Center rather than specifically the Brain Tumor Center which I also highly recommend.  I hope that no one reading this has to go through what my family and I have had to experience over the past year and a half, but if you do, I would be happy to talk with you about what you are going through.

Click here to see my story on UAB's website

No comments:

Post a Comment